Users of TUFF T1 and T400s will see a notification pop-up on screen during Friday 17th November. This is a general Android 6.0 software update and provides fixes for a range of known minor Android bugs. We recommend that users accept the update, ensuring that you have at least 30% charge in your handset before activating the download.
If you miss the notification, or inadvertently close it, you should update your device using the following steps:
- Due to the size of the download, we recommend using Wi-Fi, rather than mobile data
- Go to the Settings menu (looks like a large cog on the apps screen)
- Scroll down to ‘About Phone’ at the bottom of the menu
- Click on ‘Wireless Update’
- Your device will now automatically search for an update and begin the download
- Click on ‘Install Now’ to complete the process, which will take five to ten minutes
- Your device will restart after the installation and you are ready to go again
For anyone experiencing any issues with the update please call our Customer Services team on (01243) 850605.