LG announces the LG X Venture tough phone that's exclusive to AT&T in the US
LG has announced the launch of a ruggedised handset called the LG X Venture - a competitor to the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 Active.
The new handset will be an AT&T exclusive and will be limited to the United States - sorry Brits!
The X Venture will come water and dust resistant thanks to it's IP68 rating but also passed 14 different MIL-STD 810G tests designed for the U.S. military.
In terms of specification the device comes well equipped with a reasonable array of mid-tier components:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 435 Processor
- Display: 5.2-inch FHD In-Cell Touch (1080 x 1920 / 423ppi)
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMC ROM / Micro SD Slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Front 5MP Wide Angle / Rear 16MP Standard Angle
- Battery: 4,100mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 154.0 x 75.8 x 9.29mm
- Weight: 166.5g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-B 2.0
- Other: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 2.0 / QuickButton / Outdoor Essentials / FM Radio / GPS / Accelerometer / Digital Compass / Gyroscope / Barometer